It has come to our attention that some customers have experienced issue with installing Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai when attempting to install the game with the Spanish language pack.
If the Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai installer fails or shows an error message (“Steam Autorun stopped working” / “Steam Autorun Setup dejó de funcionar”) after selecting Spanish as the installation language, please follow the steps outlined below in order to complete the installation. You will need to install the game in another language other than Spanish; Fall of the Samurai will be installed in that language, but after installation you will be able to change back the game’s audio and text language to Spanish.
We recommend you installing the game in English and then switching the language to Spanish:
- Launch Steam
- Click on the top left menu: “Steam” -> “Exit” (Salir)
- Insert Disc 1 of Fall of the Samurai
- When the Autorun menu appears, select "Run SETUP.EXE" (Ejecutar SETUP.EXE)
Note: If the menu is not shown, click on “Start” (Inicio) -> “Computer” (Equipo), right-click on the DVD drive icon, select “Open” or “Explore” (Abrir/Explorar) and double-click on “SETUP.exe”
- The language selection screen will be shown; click on the arrow to change the language to “English” and click on “OK”
- You will be presented with the installation menu; click on “Install”
- The English version of the End-User Licence Agreement will be shown next. You can read this text in Spanish by opening the file “eula_spanish.rtf”, located on the “resources” folder, inside Disc 1 of Fall of the Samurai
- If you accept the licence terms, please confirm by clicking on "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and then click on "Install"
- Steam will connect to your user account and you will need to enter the Fall of the Samurai product code
- Your game will then be activated and Steam will proceed to install the game
After installation (in English language), you can change the language of the game doing the following:
- From the Steam client, click on the top menu: “Games” (Juegos) -> “View Games Library” (Ver Biblioteca de Juegos)
- Right-click on Total War: SHOGUN 2 from the left side of the Steam window and select “Properties” (Propiedades)
- Click on the “LANGUAGE” (Idioma) tab. Click on the arrow to select your language and click on “CLOSE” (Cerrar) to apply the changes
After changing the language, Steam will connect to the Internet to download the relevant language pack. When this download is complete, you will be able to start the game.